It rained today in Toronto, but then the sun came out again and I couldn't say no to some puddle jumping... Here's a new Maplespaghetti production!
Did you say Easter Parade?
Easter is the holiest moment of the year for Catholics. Nobody wants to admit that Christmas is probably more fun, definitely more commercial and undoubtedly more popular. But Easter is the holiest thing. Personally, I am more prone to celebrating a birth rather than a death, even if it implies resurrection. But that is just my humble and very secular opinion. Here in Canada we got a long weekend, and everybody enjoyed a small taste of Spring. So on Good Friday the parents of a classmate of my son found themselves in the middle of the procession representing the Passion Play. …
In Italy I used to live in Bologna. From Bologna you are:
- 35 minutes from Florence (by high-speed train)
- 1 hour from Milan (by high-speed train)
- 1 hour 15 minutes from Rome (by high-speed train)
- 1 hour 25 minutes from Venice (by high-speed train)
- 3 hours 35 minutes from Naples (by high-speed train)
not to mention:
- 1 hour from Munich (by direct flight)
- 1 hour 35 minutes from Paris (by direct flight)
- 1 hour 40 minutes from Brussels (by direct flight)
- 2 hours from Prague (by direct flight)
- 2 hours 5 minutes from London (by direct flight)
- 2 hours 15 minutes from Madrid (by direct flight)
- 2 hours 25 minutes from Athens (by direct flight)
and why not changing continent?
- 1 hour 45 minutes from Tunis (by direct flight)
- 2 hours 40 minutes from Istanbul (by direct flight)
- 3 hours from Marrakech (by direct flight)
just to name a few…